Our church services are temporarily postponed due to the COVID-19 restrictions. But you are not alone! In this section you will find mental health tools in video and in anxiety support, as well as parenting tips for stressful times as you scroll down! Thanks for connecting online! We hope we can meet face-to-face soon!
We are living in trying times. The COVID-19 pandemic has stirred grief and anxiety in many ways. As such, we want to be the church, whether gathered or scattered.
Pastor Phil Styles wants to bring peace to the panic and apply God’s Word to the worries. Although our Sunday services are postponed until further notice, Pastor Phil will post short messages each Sunday to inspire and give you the chance to share “Hope” with others online. So bookmark the church website and stay up-to-date as we endeavour to serve and bless you!
Mental Health (Brett Ullman)
Mental Health Resources
Many are expressing worry and anxiety these days, and here are some helps for those in that situation. (From Donna Galloway, MSW, RSW)
Mental Health Tips
- Keep routine in your day (get up at the same time, eat meals at regular times, etc.)
- Get showered and dressed as you normally would (engage in self-care as you normally would)
- Proper sleep (get up and go to bed as you normally would or even get a little more sleep – 7-9hrs) and healthy eating are very important
- Get some fresh air (go for a walk by yourself or with those you live with)
- Talk to at least one person (telephone, face time, etc.) at least once a day
- Only get your information from reliable sources
- Do things you enjoy (that you can do at home – reading, crafts, baking, puzzles, sewing, home projects, cleaning, etc.). These will distract your mind and give you a sense of accomplishment.
- Think of ways to help and support others (example: make cards for family and friends that you cannot visit, etc.)
Anxiety and panic attacks are very real. In case of emergency please dial 911, go to the emergency department of any hospital, or call County Crisis Services at 1-866-995-9933.